Common Question 4

Question: I was injured in an accident caused by a driver who was uninsured. How can I recover money for my pain and suffering?

Answer: You may be able to recover compensation in the following ways:

  • If there is Uninsured Motorist insurance to cover your accident, you can recover compensation from your own carrier. Your attorney can help you to determine if you have coverage.
  • You may be covered by the insurance on the car in which you were injured.
  • If you were in someone else’s car that does not have that insurance but you have it on your own car, you can be covered by your own insurance.

Even if you were not in a car, but were injured in an automobile-related accident (such as a cyclist or pedestrian hit by a car) you can be covered by the uninsured motorist insurance of someone in your household.

If you would like us to evaluate your accident claim, please complete and submit a Case Evaluation Form.